Legal and Financial Advice for Caregivers and Families

Florida Board Certified Elder Law Attorney Kellen Bryant assists caregivers and families with asset protection planning for long-term care, wills, trusts, and administration of estates in probate court.  Our law firm practice assists families in Northeast Florida and parts of central Florida from our Pasco County, Florida office.  Click the button to contact us for additional information, to ask a question, or to schedule a consultation.


Assistance to Caregivers

Are you a caregiver for someone else? Click to learn more about:

  • Asset Protection from Nursing Homes
  • Medicaid Planning
  • Setting up a Qualified Income Trust​
  • VA Aid and Attendance Benefits
  • Medicaid Long-Term Care Diversion Waiver
  • Florida Complaint Durable Power of Attorney and Advanced Directives
  • How to help a family member with memory issues
  • Advice and options for care settings and placement

CLICK HERE to learn about elder care law planning.

Plan for Yourself 

Have you been meaning to get your will done?  Has someone referred you for estate planning?  Click to learn about your estate planning options that can include:

  • How to prevent heirs from squandering what you leave them
  • How to Avoid Probate
  • What to do to protect your kids from potential loss from creditors, predators, and divorce... which could take everything
  • Wills, Trusts, Durable Power of Attorney, and more!
  • Cost-effective planning for parents of children under 18 years old

CLICK HERE to learn about estate planning, or preparing wills and trust.

Handle Estate of Deceased Family Member

Has someone recently passed away and you've been left in charge of the estate?  Click here to discover:

  • What to do before you hire an attorney
  • How to organize your loved one's affairs and gather the correct information
  • What to do with a trust
  • What is probate and how does it work
  • Do you need to set up a guardianship for minor children?

CLICK HERE to learn more about what to do if a loved one passes away and you think you need to go to probate court.

Get to Know Attorney Kellen Bryant...

Dear Friend:

If you have heard about me from someone else, I’m glad you came to this website to meet me. If you stumbled upon me by chance, maybe this could be serendipity. You should keep reading! For those who know me already... good to see you again!

My name is Kellen Bryant. The “R.” before my name is for my first name, Robert, which is both my grandfathers’ first name and one uncle’s name. For some reason, my parents decided to call me by my middle name, Kellen. It’s an Irish-sounding name (sadly, the Irish locals never heard of it when I traveled there), and I was really named after a football player. R. Kellen Bryant sounds like a fairly strong attorney name, doesn’t it? That’s what I went with.

I grew up in Jacksonville (since 8th grade). I live here with my wife, Megan. She’s a 4th-grade teacher. We let a little tricolor beagle named Leroy live with us too. (No kids... yet). I’ve been blessed to have them in my life. I attend Mandarin Presbyterian Church. I play soccer and spend time with my family when I’m not practicing law.

In person, you may notice that I have a bit of energy because I do and pursue what I love. I’ve been like this since high school. I graduated college cum laude in 3 years at FSU (no jokes gator fans). I then attended Stetson Law School and graduated cum laude at Stetson as well -- in the top 20% of my class. I also worked for appellate and federal judges, and a large law firm while at Stetson. I spent two years working at a small litigation firm after law school and learned that I’m not passionate about arguing in court and suing general contractors. I love meeting with clients and their families and researching the law.

I enjoy teaching. You're welcome to attend my bi-weekly estate planning and elder care workshops (click to learn more).

I love writing. I wrote a book, which you can find on Amazon, How to Hire the Right Estate Planning Attorney at a Fair Price.

Since starting in 2009, my goal is to educate families about the legal issues affecting them.

All cases are different, so don’t be led astray. I help families with asset protection strategies that have worked for others and have worked for my clients. Nothing about what I do is “cookie cutter,” the final work product for my clients is not done through simple fill in the blank forms that you find in the supply goods shop or online. Nope.

The goal is customization because all families are different. Without customization, you have those horrible estate stories you hear about.

I have been annoyed by poor customer service. I’ve hired small businesses and large. I’ve worked for small businesses and large. After having waited tables and been financially dependent on the service I provide, that experience has translated to my law practice. Emails and calls are returned within 24 business hours. Flat fees are customary with 90% of my families. When hired, we set all needed future appointments with me as far ahead of time so that your needs are met orderly.

Go ahead and download one of my four educational guides. If you are ready to call, you can reach me at (904) 470-2300.

I hope to meet you soon!

With kind regards and counsel,

Kellen Bryant